Ever thought of your local fast food chain providing shower rooms for its employees? Well, it is time for employers can incorporate healthy life skills” for their employees making it possible for them to walk to work and exercise during breaks. Fast foods are very busy outlets where employees move from time to time hence, providing shower facilities for them were taking a shower can make them feel fresh, can be an added advantage. Other reasons why fast food chains should provide shower rooms for their employees are;
• To incorporate fitness into their daily routines. Employees will be active in their daily shifts knowing they can always freshen up during their breaks
• For purposes of promoting the overall sanitation of fast food. Employees who might not have had the chance to take a shower before starting their duty or some who may have cycled long distances to get to work often arrive sweaty like anyone would be after a workout. Taking a shower gives such employees an opportunity to clean up and sanitize themselves in readiness for their duties.
• Increased health benefits for employees. When employers install showers at the workplace, they are in turn encouraging employees to be more active and more engaged as in fast food outlets. As such, employees are bound to enjoy greater health advantages.
• Increased employee output or productivity- shouldn’t employees arrive for work already showered and ready for their day? In most cases, yes, but there are cases where a shower in a fast food setting could increase an employee’s productivity given the busy nature of the industry.
• Employees will treat it as one of their perks, thus maximizing its availability. The fast-paced nature of fast foods requires constant freshness only provided by the convenience that shower rooms provide.
Employers can choose the best shower room essentials like shower heads, curtains and sinks online by observing the following guidelines.
A good shower head should
• Complement the bathroom decor Should also be as per the company’s preference
• Be easy to install. Some have complicated installation processes so it is important to bear this in mind
• Bear long-lasting capabilities, for example, the material and the finish
• Have a good design that matches with other accessories in the bathroom.
A good sink should
• Have a perfect fit
• Be made from a stain-resistant material
• Have no hiding places for algae, grime, and mold
• Be easy to clean.
Finally, a good shower curtain should
• Be mold and mildew resistant
• Have double reinforced holes for shower rings
• Have a variety of texture for you to choose from
• Be billow proof. This prevents the curtain from clinging to one’s body while showering
• Be the right fit in both length and width
• Should be regularly cleaned. As employers, you have to keep cleanliness in mind. For keeping the shower room clean, one thing to keep in mind is how do you clean a shower head.
In conclusion, the need to have shower rooms for fast food chain employees can be seen to be highly beneficial as highlighted above. Employers should, therefore, seek to implement such recommendations for the benefit of their workforce as well as their organizations.